During law school, Patrick worked full-time as a judicial clerk for the Honorable James B. Brady in the 47th District Court for the City of Farmington Hills, MI. In this position, Patrick was able to gain invaluable insight to the inter-workings of the court system and the behind the scenes interactions with judges, attorneys, probation officers and the court staff. In addition to his clerkship for Judge James B. Brady, Patrick also completed internships with both the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office and the Wayne County Public Defender’s Office specializing in felony representation.
In 2005, following his law school graduation and admission to the State Bar of Michigan, Patrick worked as an associate attorney with a prominent criminal defense firm in Oakland County, MI. In this position, Patrick’s legal experience was tested and formed in courts all over the state of Michigan.
In 2009, Patrick formed the Law Offices of Patrick G. Gagniuk, P.L.L.C. devoted to the practice of Criminal Defense and Family Law. In addition, Mr. Gagniuk also provides a number of general legal services including small business planning and consulting, probate litigation (adult and juvenile guardianship and conservatorship), Michigan Secretary of State appeals and driver’s license restoration, landlord/tenant and general litigation related legal issues.
Having spent the majority of his practice in and out of courtrooms all over the State of Michigan, Patrick is a trial attorney that is no stranger to the legal process. In his experience, Patrick has successfully defended hundreds of adults and juveniles in offenses ranging from misdemeanor offenses such as drunk driving, domestic violence and assault and battery to armed robbery, manslaughter and murder and a number of high-profile criminal prosecutions.
In addition to criminal defense, Patrick is also well-versed in the representation of individuals in all stages of divorce and custody proceedings. Patrick’s area of expertise in these matters range from the so-called “default divorce” and simple property division to a large number of contentious custody and property battles in the millions of dollars.
Patrick is licensed to practice law in all courts in Michigan, as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- State Bar of Michigan, 2005
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Michigan, 2006
- Rising Star Michigan Super Lawyers, 2015
- Rising Star Michigan Super Lawyers, 2014
- Rising Star Michigan Super Lawyers, 2013
- Pro Bono Service Award Legal Aid and Defender Association, 2012
- Founder, Law Office of Patrick G. Gagniuk, P.L.L.C., 2009 to present
- Associate Attorney, Neil Rockind, P.C. 2006 – 2008
- Judicial Clerk to the Hon. James B. Brady 47th District Court 2003 – 2006
- Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association Member 2009 – Present
- Oakland County Bar Association Member 2005 – Present
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, 2005
- Michigan State University, (Marketing), 2002